Recently I read an article about skin care after 30. It made me think how I take care of my skin and want to share my skin care routine with you and made my own set of rules.
I went to my cousin (again!) and got acquainted with this Facial Cleansing Rotating Electrical Brush. Excellent to remove make up with! I used a similar product before in my teenage years, but that one was not electrical. My cousin explained to me that it does a more profound cleaning than using facial cleaning wipes or wet cottons alone, even if you wash your face with water afterwards some residue might stay behind. Just place some of your favorite liquid facial cleaner on the brush. My felt extremely clean and smooth after using this brush. This brush will be definitely part of my daily skin care routine. And is extremely recommendable for skin care after 30.
My 8 golden rules How to take care of your face skin after the age of 30 are:
- Use a day cream with a (light) UV filter. Every day cream you use should contain an UV filter. Even on a cloudy day, you should get protected. UV Filters can be used to protect the skin from the harmful effects of UV light (such as skin cancer and wrinkling).
- Use a special eye cream. Our skin surrounding our eyes is very delicate and one should pay extra attention to this fragile skin to contribute to your skin care after 30.
- Scrub your face once a week. I use tea tree scrub (see the picture below). Getting rid of tired and dead skin cells speeds up the process of renewing new cells. Your skin will look smoother.
- Drink less alcohol. Alcohol dehydrates your body, including your skin. Needless to say that drinking too much alcohol affects your appearance. Drink a lot of water instead. Also this will contribute to your skin care after 30.
- Stop smoking. We know that smoking is bad for your overall health, but smoking also causes premature aging and loss of natural glow.
- Make sure you get enough sleep (at least 7/8 hours per day). During our night rest, our cells rebuild and repair themselves. The growth hormone only functions at night. Very beneficial to improve your skin care after 30.
- Eat healthy and varied food. Make sure you eat enough fruits and veggies. Fruits and veggies like beetroot, apples and spinach are very beneficial to keep your skin firm and glowy.
- Clean your face very thoroughly! Use the a facial cleaning brush or something else but make sure that all your make up comes off your face before you go to bed. Even if it’s very late after a night of clubbing… We cannot allow ourselves to have our face aging faster because of negligence. A clean face also absorbs any (night)cream better.
Personally I use every night pure sesame oil for the skin, since I have a dry skin. This might not work for people with oily skin. Did you know that pure sesame oil can act as an excellent moisturiser for your skin? It is a source of vitamin E, has many other nutritional benefits, contains anti-oxidants, and behaves as natural sunscreen. The oil is easily absorbed by the skin. Using this sesame oil is an essential part of my skin care routine.
Another great advantage of sesame oil is that it slows down skin aging and should be part of your skin care after 30 if you have a dry to normal skin.
Thanks for reading girls. Talk to you soon. And tell me in a comment below about your skin care routine!